Songkran is a yearly celebration that happens more than 3 days during the customary Thai New Year, April thirteenth fifteenth (in practically all areas). The formal Songkran celebration time is 3 days, however, since the Thai People are one of the happiest people in the world and they love to party any time the can, the entire week is taken over by a mass festival as the entire nation closes down for an earth-shattering water battle.
Wild scenes of extravagance can be seen all through the Kingdom with music, moving, drinking and individuals doused from head to toe. Water firearms, hose pipes, containers, indeed, anything you can get your hands on can be utilized to sprinkle individuals, and one thing is for sure: you will get wet!
As April is the sultriest month of the year in Thailand, everybody engages with this nationwide water battle and it brings extraordinary alleviation from the taking of temperatures. Songkran began as a Buddhist custom, utilizing a light sprinkling of water to symbolize filtration be that as it may, as time passed by, individuals started sprinkling each other in an increasingly fun-loving way until ongoing years when the whole nation becomes one all-powerful water battle celebrated by millions!
This is a definitive manual for Songkran, enumerating where to go, what to know and where to party in all the fundamental territories of Thailand.
Date in the year: April 13-15
During Songkran, Bangkok encounters a mass migration as at any rate half of its occupants venture out back to the places where they grew up for family gatherings. In their place are visitors, who fly into Bangkok especially to appreciate one of the most beautiful and merry occasions of the year. During Songkran, most places of business, banks and even family-run shops and eateries shut down totally, while large shopping centers, as a rule, stay open.
As for the capital city of Thailand, Bangkok has a bigger number of spots to party and so many other activities and sights to visit in Bangkok than anyplace else in the country. As far as the Water Festival, the greatest, brashest gatherings are found in 2 places specifically:
- Khao San Road (the travelers' heartland of Bangkok). Since this place occupied with mostly young tourists (backpackers) 24 hours a day and all year long. During the Songkran Festival, the place turned to a 3-day ongoing party. People from all over the world enjoying the great Thai concept of watering themselves during the hot weather.
- Silom Road (the whole street shut down off to traffic). Just as for the young people at the Khao San Road, Silom Road functions for a bit older tourist and many of the local businessmen who become just like children when it comes to playing with water.
Many Guesthouses and inns in those areas will have ticket-just pool parties which are progressively advanced undertakings, while RCA additionally hosts colossal move gathering spectacles with water guns, siphoning music and a huge number of individuals.
if you are planning a tour to Southeast Asia and happen to stop by Thailand while Songkran Festival is on, STAY a bit longer. You might get an unforgettable experience for life!
- North India is like a pandora box for a traveller. It has so much to offer, that a traveller can spend an eternity exploring North India and still many places will be left to explore.
- Regardless of whether you possess a boat and live amidst the nation, you are traveling or moving to a stretch of coast that is far away from your present area, or you've quite recently requested a boat and need it conveyed to your home, moving it tends to be distressing on the off chance that you don't have the foggiest idea how to do it. Here are a couple of alternatives to consider before you leave.
- When we think about the wildlife holidays in the Northern part of India, the place that comes to mind immediately that is Jim Corbett national park especially as it is close to the Himalayas. It is ne