Dharamshala is an exotic hill station situated in the Dhauladhar range about 17 kms north- east of Kangra town. It is surrounded by oak and coniferous forests and snow clad mountain ranges on three sides. In 1905 it was massacred by an earthquake. After it’s reconstruction it developed as a quiet health resort. It is also famous as it the holy abode of Dalai Lama.
Famous Tourists Places To Visit In Dharamshala
1. St. John Church - St. John Church is an Anglican Church dedicated to St. John and a popular tourist attraction included in Dharamshala hoeymoon packages. It situated in Forsyth Ganj. It has a Neo-Gothic architectural style having stained glass windows donated by Lady Elgin, wife of Lord Elgin.
2. Dal Lake - Located 11kms from Dharamshala is Dal Lake surrounded by Deodhar forests and a popular tourist attraction included in Dharamshala honeymoon packages. It is an ideal base camp for trekkers coming from Mcleodganj. During September an annual fair is held on the banks of Dal Lake where tourists come to take a holy dip to get rid of all sins and receive blessings of Lord Shiva. The lake is situated in the Kangra district having a height of 1,775 m.
3. War Memorial - Surrounded by landscaped gardens and pine groves is War Memorial at the entrance of Dharamshala town. The Memorial was built to commemorate to the war heroes who sacrificed their lives for the country’s independence. It is a popular tourist attraction included in Dharamshala honeymoon packages.
4. Chinmaaya Tapovan - Located 10km from Dharamshala on the banks of the rivulet Bindu Saras is this ashram founded by Swami Chinmayananda a great exponent of the Gita. The ashram includes a 9m high image of Lord Hanuman, a marvelous Ragunath Temple, a meditation hall, a school, and a health and recreation center.
5. Dharmkot - Located 11kms from the town this beautiful picnic spot is situated on a hilltop offering enchanting views of the Kangra valley and Dhauladhar ranges that will leave you spellbound. It is a popular tourist attraction included in Dharamshala honeymoon packages.
6. Kotwali Bazaar - It has the richest collection of arts, crafts, artifacts of the Kangra valley. It has a gallery displaying Kangra’s most exquisite paintings, sculptures, poetry and anthropological items. Shamianas and dresses used by the royalty, old carved doors, jails, lintels, pandals, coins, jewellery and manuscripts are also on display.
7. Mcleod Ganj - It is a Tibetian settlement just 1km away from The Tibetan Institute of performing Arts (TIPA). It has a busy market place selling sell carpets, Tibetian handicrafts and sumptuous Tibetan foods. It is also famous because it is the abode of His Holiness Dalai Lama.
8. Andretta - Located 13kms from Palampur this had been the abode of famous artist S. Shobha Singh for many years. There is also an interesting pottery centre here in Andretta.
Hence we can conclude that visiting the above mentioned places of interest in and round Dharamshala will definitely be an enjoyable and pleasurable experience for honeymooners.
- If you need the best minibus hire with driver then you have come where you needed to be. Dunstable Minibus Hire is the place where you find finest transport services.
- Even now, students need to find a way go through these sight text and phrases instantly. Nonetheless they also seriously ought to be geared