Windows Update is an essential component of the Windows 10 operating system. It brings new features and security to Windows users. But sometimes users may encounter errors that prevent them from updating or installing their computer. Error 0x80070422 is just one of those errors faced by consumers when trying to install Windows Update on Windows 10 Running.
This error can occur due to missing or damaged Windows Update components. Fortunately, there are many methods to help you fix this error. Here are all possible procedures for this error code.
Fix Windows 10 update error 0x80070422
To fix windows update error 0x80070422, all likely approaches are given below:
1] Run the Windows Update troubleshooter
For starters, we recommend that you run the Windows troubleshooter to fix this problem. Below are detailed steps to run the Windows Update troubleshooter:
1. Click Start and tap the gear icon to start Settings.
2. Now visit Update and Security> Troubleshooting.
3. In the Ideal pane, click Windows Update below the Configuration and Startup section.
4. Click Run Troubleshooter.
5. Wait for the process to complete and follow the on-screen instructions to use the fixes.
Check if the error has been resolved.
2] Rename the software distribution folder
Another process to fix error 0x80070422 is to rename the SoftwareDistribution folder. Here is the tutorial on renaming this folder:
1. Open command prompt as secretary.
2. In the Command Prompt window that appears, type the following commands one by one. Don't forget to press the Enter key after typing each command.
net stop wuauserv
Net stop pieces unsubscribe c: windowsSoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.bak
net start wuauserv
net start bits
3. Restart your computer after executing the above commands.
4. Now the title to the Windows folder (C: -RRB- needs to be moved to SoftwareDistribution.bak).
3] Disable IPv6
Many users have reported that disabling IPv6 helps with error 0x80070422 resolution. Here are the steps to disable IPv6:
1. Press the Windows logo key + R to launch the Run dialog.
2. In the Run dialog box, type ncpa.cpl and click Input.
3. Right-click on Ethernet in the Network Connections window and select Properties.
4. In the Ethernet Properties window, find Internet Protocol version 6 (TPC / IPv6). As soon as you find it, please rate it then OK to save your changes.
5. Click OK and close all tabs.
6. Restart the computer and check if the error to be resolved.
4] Make sure Windows Update support is running
If the problem persists, make sure Windows Update is running. The measures to enable this are outlined below:
1. Open the Run dialog by pressing Windows key + R.
2. Sort the services.msc in the dialog box and tap OK.
3. Look for the Windows Update service in the Services window. Right-click on Windows Update and select Properties.
4. Locate Startup Collate on the Windows Update Properties page and select Automatic from the drop-down menu.
5. Also check the condition of your Website. If it is not set to Started, tap the Start button.
6. Press OK to save changes and restart the computer.
5] Evaluate the EnableFeaturedSoftware data
The EnableFeaturedSoftware Data evaluation can help you solve this 0x80070422 void. To do this, please follow the steps below:
1. Press the Windows shortcut key + R to launch the Run dialog.
2. Sort regedit in the dialog box, then press OK.
3. Follow the route given below in Registry Editor:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE> SOFTWARE> Microsoft> Windows> CurrentVersion> Windows Update> Auto Update
4. Double-click the Default document in the Perfect pane.
5. Set the value to 1 in the Edit String window.
6. Now try to update Windows 10.
Hope all the above-mentioned methods can help you fix the 0x80070422 error.