Skin care products have a huge impact on our emotional well-being. Whether you are getting promoted at your job, receiving a billion dollars in funding for your girl powered tech startup or walking down the aisle to the moment when you finally say the vows to the man of your dreams, what is the simplest and smallest thing that can cause the greatest level of destruction? Yes, you guessed it right! One small zit cannot just ruin the day but also be a sign of a bad breakout that can make you want to stay indoors till the wipe out is over. These unapologetic jerks are not just terribly inconvenient to deal with, they are also incredibly hard to conceal especially if you have to go through heaps and piles of information, branching out in every possible direction, to get to the solutions that actually work for you. No need to fuss because we are bringing you a comprehensive list of mistakes that you are making in concealing these bad boys, so you can get your best look without going nuts over it.
5 Mistakes that you are making in concealing pimples
There is a diverse range to pimples, in terms of the sizes, shapes and forms they appear in but there are several makeup techniques that can help you hide their appearance. In order to keep the balance and get a much smoother and natural looking complexion put to use the full coverage foundation of a Beautyblender as it will help you avoid going overboard. We have gathered expert tips to help you fight these irksome culprits and make such breakouts vanish in no time.
- One of the basic mistakes that delay the healing process for pimples is layering up lots and lots of makeup over them. This makes them more prominent for starters but also prevents proper healing to go on. Covering them up does seem like an immediate need if you need to go out but problems don’t simply disappear if you keep sweeping them under the rug. Treating the skin under that makeup before beginning to conceal the zit will actually help it heal much faster. It is unhygienic to put make up on a freshly popped pimple and it can also cause the situation to worsen by leading to scabbing or dark spots. You can instead try a quality spot treatment to help them heal by drying out before you can start hiding them but you have got to make sure that you pick the best skin care products online.
- Did you know that unwashed sponges and brushes keep collecting bacteria and germs leading to further worsening of any existing skin problems? Yeah that’s true. Cleanliness is the best virtue with regards to the long term attitudes you can develop towards approaching skin care. Just make sure that all your brushes and sponges are regularly cleaned with a mild shampoo so that your tool don’t start turning on you.
- Another common mistake we make with regards to taking proper care of our skin is not moisturizing it enough. Whether or not the problem at hand is zits, moisturizing should always be set as a prerequisite of applying makeup since this will help develop a fine base for your concealer and foundation. It will further help avoid that plastic look which normally results from putting too much product on your skin. Taking good care of your skin should always be your primary focus and when dealing with pimples make sure that you keep following the routine that suits your needs while priming the face and applying a bit of extra moisturizer on the affected area. Experts use the same technique especially with acne prone skin types in order to make sure that the foundation and concealer don’t stick on to any dry areas around the breakouts.
- Skipping that color corrector is also another mistake you should avoid making. Color correctors seem like a hassle but you have only got to figure out how colors work for a range of issues and this knowledge will take you a long way in the battle against pimples. This works really well when zits are darker or red and using a green or yellow shade helps hide the red ones while peach works well for dark spots. One of the basics for understanding color correctors is the “less is more” principle. Start off with a small amount of product and work your way up as your efforts bear fruit.
- Sometimes, choosing the wrong concealer color can be the reason why you can’t hide your zits. For example, if the color is on the lighter side while the zit is elevated it will not help blend it with the surrounding area. What mostly works is getting an exact match of your skin tone or going for a slightly darker one.