The word yurt is slowly but surely gaining exposure, especially among campers and outdoor adventurists. As people consider their accommodation options for that long-awaited outdoors trip, a yurt house is now in that list among tents, RVs, and motels. If that term is still new to you, this article is for you.
What is a yurt house?
Yurts are giant, portable, circular tent structures that can be as comfortable or as simple as you want. The dictionary says, ‘it’s a circular tent of felt on a collapsible framework.’ Yurt houses have three thousand years of history under their belt, and they were popularly used by Mongolian nomads as portable accommodation. These nomads would carry their yurt on donkeys every time they moved to another area.
The frame of a yurt house is made from crisscrossing many flexible poles together to form lattice walls and then cover it up with felt or fabric for warmth. While the Mongolians had to build their own yurts, today, you can just order one from the many companies making them or hire from a camping site.
Why Choose a Yurt House over tents or RVs or hotels?
Here are some compelling benefits of choosing yurts that can make you consider to stay in Yurts:
1) It’s safe and can withstand elements- If you camp in the wild, you are exposed to elements such as rain and wind but also to wild animals. A yurt has a proven track record of holding its own in the face of such extreme weather.
The structure is durable, strong, and safe, unlike those tents that barely protect you from anything. Once you lock the doors, animals or strange people cannot get through the lattice wood even if they lifted the fabric, so you are safe from wildlife too.
2) It allows you to be close to nature- Sure, hotels and RVs are much safer and provide more comfort than a yurt. However, if you desire to be closer to nature without compromising on safety and comfort, a yurt house is a perfect choice. Today’s yurts come fully contained with everything you need from beds, stove, table, and even electricity if you want. It’s like having a little home in the wilderness where you can still hear animals, watch stars at night, and experience nature safely.
3) It’s inexpensive and easy to set up- Hiring an RV for one night is between $100 and $275 per night, while a motel will set you behind $45 to $80 per night for one room. If you decide to buy a yurt house, it will cost you between $20,000 and $30,000 with all the bells and whistles, and you can hire one for less than $100 per day. In the long run, living in a yurt gives you more value for your money, and you can construct your own if you have some carpentry skills.
Modern yurts have most of the comforts of a home with the added advantage of being portable, cheaper, and of course closer to nature. If you are considering living in one during your outdoor adventures, make sure to bring multiple layers of clothing, a fire starter, a lantern, and bug spray because, despite the looks, you are still in the wilderness.
- If you want to choose right Real estate agents in Vaughan then do hire Bashir Ahmed for this task. He can provide you the reliable and quality service.
- Crighton Properties offers a diverse selection of property listings in the Caribbean real estate market and is the exclusive agent for the following Cayman.
- More often than not in real estate listings, interior photos of the property will only get noticed if the prospective buyers find the exterior shots interesting and suits their appeals.