National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) is a government initiative that was launched in the year 2009 to provide quality skill-enhancement training to over 150 million youth. Notably, over 5.2 million students have availed training, while millions of others have benefitted from the said scheme in several ways.
To further understand the offerings of the National Skill Development Corporation, individuals must find out about its functions and associated programmes in detail. It would not only help interested candidates gain valuable insight but would further allow them to plan their next move accordingly.
Benefits of NSDC
Here’s a list of benefits included in NSDC in brief
- Job-specific vocational training.
- Placement opportunities in a trained job role.
- Opportunity to enrol into skill-enhancing certification courses.
- Offers thorough training and skill-enhancement opportunities for over 30 different types of industries.
- Extends substantial financial assistance to build efficient vocational training centres.
To avail these benefits and much more, individuals have to enrol into a suitable programme offered under this government initiative.
Programmes under NSDC
The following is a list of courses that are made available to the youth of India under the umbrella of NSDC –
- NSDC courses (fee-based).
- Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY).
- Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Kendra.
- NAPS training for apprentices.
- Jan Shikshan Sansthan.
- Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana.
- Industrial Training Institute.
- Technical Intern Training Program.
Eligibility of NSDC
Notably, to benefit under these schemes and the array of benefits they extend, individuals need to fulfil certain eligibility criteria. For example, individuals who fulfil these following would be able to benefit under the Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana –
- A resident Indian.
- Enrolled under a skill-enhancing training course.
- Have been certified for at least a year since the inception of the programme.
- Has not availed financial assistance under the said programme before.
Alternatively, individuals may avail a loan to start their venture and make the most of the training they had availed under the skill development programme. Nonetheless, individuals need to find out how to apply for a loan against property by meeting its simple eligibility criteria.
Subsequently, they should find out if they can avail tax benefits on their LAP to make their endeavour more manageable and cost-effective. Likewise, if someone intends to apply to open a training centre under the PMKVY, they would be required to meet the criteria set for potential trainers. Successively, they would be required to furnish these following documents to complete the process successfully –
- Applicant’s proof of identity and residence.
- Centre manager’s proof of residence and identity.
- Trainer’s Aadhaar card.
- Internet connection bill.
- Utility bills that are in the name of the training centre.
Similarly, those who intend to opt for the secured loan option should find out the list of documents needed to apply for a loan against property successfully.
Functions of NSDC
Here’s a list of the major functions and activities off NSDC –
- Develops business models that are cost-effective and in tune with modern business requirements.
- Develops efficient models to support, improve and coordinate the initiatives of the private sector.
- Facilitates support systems which lay focus on quality assurance.
- Providing requisite funding to skill development programmes and the respective Sector Skill Councils.
- Extending quality assistance with innovation and skill gap-oriented studies.
Therefore, by ensuring sustainability in promoting skill development, the NSDC proves significantly beneficial for the unemployed youth of India. Nonetheless, to make the most of the benefits, extended individuals must enrol into suitable skill India development programmes.
- The frescoes have received mixed reviews. Some view them as impressive examples of social realism that demonstrate different periods of suffering