Apricot is one of the most popular summer fruits. We will tell you how it affects the human body.
The homeland of apricots is China, where they began to be grown more than two thousand years ago. They were brought to Russia in the 17th century. Apricots are a seasonal fruit with very short ripening times, from June to July. The fruit is distinguished by a bright sweet taste, but at the same time it contains a relatively small amount of calories (about 40 kcal per 100 g), which allows it to be consumed without consequences for the figure.
Why are apricots useful?
The main feature of apricots is their huge content of vitamins and minerals:
1. Vitamin A - supports immunity and helps eye health.
2. Potassium helps to strengthen the heart muscle.
3. Calcium, phosphorus, magnesium are responsible for the normal growth and development of the skeletal system, as well as for the stimulation of neurons in the brain.
4. Fiber, which is present in large quantities in the fruit, improves the functioning of the gastrointestinal tract (gastrointestinal tract) and helps stabilize blood cholesterol levels.
Also, the use of apricots has a positive effect on the quality of the skin, hair, nails, helps to slow down the aging process. The content of iodine salts in fresh fruits has a beneficial effect on the function of the thyroid gland.
Apricots are often recommended for athletes, since a large amount of macro- and microelements promotes good blood flow in the vessels, and also prevents muscle cramps.
It is important to remember that for all the undeniable benefits of apricot, this fruit has a number of serious contraindications:
1. Diabetes. Apricots have a high glycemic index of 30 units. Diabetics should use the fruit with caution, and ideally replace it with dried apricots (dried apricots).
2. Pancreatitis. During an exacerbation, it is recommended to completely abandon apricots, as they have a laxative effect.
3. Colitis and gastritis. These diseases also imply a complete rejection of the fruit due to its high acidity and the presence of fiber, which contributes to the rapid movement of contents through the large intestine.
4. Allergies. For allergy sufferers, apricots can often cause itching and burning in the mouth and throat.
You can use apricots in different ways:
1. Most often, the pulp of apricots is used in fresh or dried (dried apricots) form.
2. Bones can also be eaten, but it is worth remembering that they contain hydrocyanic acid, which is dangerous in large quantities, but in small doses is good for the heart.
3. Urbech paste - the bones are crushed without any processing. Used as a prophylactic agent for cancer.
4. Apricot oil - obtained by pressing the seeds. It is actively used to treat colds and for cosmetic purposes, for example, to moisturize the skin and hair.
5. Apricot juice is good for general digestion. Due to its high calcium and iron content, it is often recommended during pregnancy.
Although apricots are low in calories, you should not get carried away and eat them in kilograms. The optimal amount is no more than 3-4 fruits per day. Also, do not combine them with other fruits and berries. Overeating apricots is more likely to cause stomach upset and diarrhea.
It is highly undesirable to eat fruit at night and on an empty stomach, as apricots contain fruit acids that irritate the walls of the stomach. In addition, in the evening, fermentation may occur, and as a result, bloating and flatulence.
Apricot is a popular fruit in Armenia. The national instrument duduk is even made from apricot tree. And the fruit itself is known for its beneficial properties.
The sun fruit is rich in vitamins, minerals and other nutrients. Its composition is really amazing, because one fruit contains a large amount of magnesium, iron, beta-carotene, phosphorus, magnesium, folic acid, sodium, iodine, pectin and other substances. It contains vitamins - groups B, as well as A, C, E and H.
Apricot can rightfully be considered a motor for brain activity. It improves memory and is useful especially for those who are engaged in intellectual work. For those with a sweet tooth, we especially recommend the fruit. Its sweet taste can be a great dessert and a substitute for ice cream and other high-calorie pastries.
Therefore, apricot, both in natural form and in the form of dried fruit, will help in the fight against extra pounds. Moreover, it is considered a natural laxative, gently affecting intestinal motility. The fruit also boosts metabolism.
- Prunes normalize blood pressure, help fight cancer, have a diuretic effect, reduce swelling
- A decoction of cherries can help remove urea and urates from the body, which also helps prevent and treat kidney disease
- The Boeing company explained to us that there are several reasons for this at once. "The location of the wing at the bottom
- If you are looking for a Camera Drone & Photo Accessories alternative to eBay, then youve come to the right place