As winters set in all most of us wish to do is curl up under a blanket and sip on our favourite tea while watching everything we can on Netflix. It important to keep your immunity strong as one less layer in this nippy weather can cause some serious downtime. To avoid such issues it's better to find simple ways to keep yourself fit.
- Drink lots of warm water with slices of ginger & lemon in it.
- Have a spoon of raw honey to stay safe from infections
- Increase good quality turmeric intake
And use Ginger Essential Oil as part of your first line of defence this winter!
Ginger Essential Oil is steam distilled from the roots of the Zingiber officinale plant. Our ancestors across the world have used this plant for centuries to soothe a variety of different issues. When diffused or massaged into the skin (always highly diluted), ginger operates as a tonic and restorative for vital health. Ginger is commonly used in Chinese medicine to strengthen the heart and restore the flow of stagnant chi. The deeply warming qualities of ginger root essential oil render it useful as a general restorative for emotional depletion, it is effective in revitalizing energy and counteracting exhaustion.
Here is how you can use the oil this season.
- Diffusion to uplift mood, reduce anxiety & boost immune - Add 3 -4 drops of the Essential oil in a diffuser/ Humidifier to witness a comforting & warming aroma. You can also add a few drops of Orange Essential Oil into the blend to make it more uplifting.
- Steam Inhalation should you have a cold or congestion. (Take a basin of warm water, add a drop of Ginger Essential Oil and cover your head with a towel with your eyes closed. Take in the steam till you can and witness a clearing of your congestion)
- Application should you be feeling very cold. (in 50 ml of base oil such as Sesame add 30 drops of Ginger Essential Oil and apply at the bottom of your feet and palms to retain the warmth of your body and increase blood circulation)
- Application should you have stomach discomfort such as indigestion or stomach ache/cramps (in 50 ml of base oil such as Sesame add 30 drops of Ginger Essential Oil and apply on the abdomen for relief)
- Massage to soothe sore muscles, headaches, backache, menstrual cramps etc. (in 50 ml of base oil such as Sesame add 30 drops of Ginger Essential Oil and apply on the affected area for relief )
- Inhalation to soothe nausea. Add a drop of Ginger Essential Oil on cotton or tissue and take in a few deep breaths.
Buy Pure Meraki Essentials Ginger Essential Oil here
Few things you should know
- Fragrance oils aren’t Essential Oils (read labels carefully)
- Essential Oils are highly concentrated, use them sparingly and carefully
- If Pregnant skips Essential oil usage. especially in the first trimester
- Always do a patch test, if you are allergic to the plant – you will be allergic to the EO
- Make sure you are using high quality 100% Pure Essential Oils
- Keep Essential Oils away from direct heat and sunlight and they can last up to 5 years!
- It’s perfectly fine to be confused when using EO’s the first time, reach out to people to clear your doubts
The thumb rule to keep in mind for all Essential Oil usage is the dilution should be kept at 3%. Essential Oils are very strong and potent and should be used sparingly. Please maintain caution on usage.
You can also find us at farmers markets in different cities, at The Earth Collective by Meenu Nageshwaran in New Delhi, at Luke Coutinho's Farmers Markets in Bangalore and Mumbai.
Shop for all products from Meraki Essentials here
Should you need any further assistance on usage and finding the right essential oil for yourself feel free to reach out to us on [email protected] or reach out to us on +91 95990 80825.