With the first-hand Apple smartphones getting expensive day by day, most consumers are directing towards refurbished devices. But for many users, the term refurbished is still a stigma and they hesitate in buying such devices. This is because of certain myths revolving around these kinds of products that need to be busted immediately.
Busting Common Myths About Refurbished Apple Products!
No matter what misconceptions you hear, refurbished Apple products are actually a great choice to opt for as long as you get it from a good place like the Mac store in Auckland called 73INC. They have a wide range of refurbished Apple devices for you which are of excellent quality and come with a good period of warranty as well. But in case you are hesitating to buy these because of the myths listed below, then it's time to bust them now.
- Refurbished products are slower — You would have often heard that, “don't go for refurbished products because they are slower.” But you have to make sure – slower than what? If you are comparing the refurbished products with the latest version of a MacBook or an Apple smartphone, then obviously it would be slower because it’s a previous version. But if you compare both the same devices (make and model), the refurbished one won’t be anywhere slower than its counterpart.
- These are short-lived devices — Basically, when Apple gets a complaint about some device, they change that part having issues with a brand new one. So, immediately even this product becomes as good as new. But since it's been repaired, it's sold as a refurbished product. But this doesn’t mean that its lifespan gets decreased. The life of your device totally depends upon the way you use and maintain it and it has nothing to do with it being refurbished.
- These are a way of cheating or gambling — Most of you believe the myth that refurbished Apple products are gambled ones or it's a way to cheat customers. But rest assured that Apple certifies some stores specifically for selling their refurbished goods and this is extremely legal and authorized.
- They are without warranty —All the refurbished products do come with a certain period of warranty from the company itself. Yes, the warranty period is shorter than the brand-new ones, but you will get a warranty for sure.
- They have used devices — This is the most common misconception that people say – refurbished devices are used ones. But this is not entirely true. These devices are the pieces that were used for a few days and weeks and then were sent back to the company for repair. The company then repairs, services them and sends them to dealers to sell them as refurbished gadgets. So, these gadgets being extensively used versions is totally out of question.
Well, here we tried to bust as many myths about refurbished Apple products as we can. Now it's up to you if you want to accept this amazing opportunity and get a finely working original Apple device at a low price and enjoy the feel of using it -- or simply waste this chance because of a few useless myths.